Sunday, September 21, 2008
Alarm
Last night I was drifting to sleep when all of a sudden the house alarm went off! Scott got up and checked the alarm keypbad, he didn't enter the password for a couple seconds, I think he was checking to see what area the breach was in. Then he looked out our glass bedroom door across to the windows of the kitchen and leisure room. Then he walked back and looked at the alarm keypad. Then back to the window, then looked out the bathroom window, then back.... It was pitch black because we don't leave any lights on at night. He said the alarm area was the leisure room. Not any of the doors or windows. I whispered maybe it was a mouse or big cockroach, should we just call 911? He said no it might be the ceiling fan but I don't know why the alarm didn't go off right away. He looked out the glass bedroom door again. I suggested dialing 911. Then he said I'll reset the alarm and just bypass the leisure room area and then we would just go to bed without investigating anything!! I said if you're sure it was the fan why don't you go check. I said I'll stand at the glass bedroom door and if you're not back in a few minutes I'll run out the door and dial 911 on the iphone. He needed a weapon so I suggested one of the large candleholders by our bathtub. He didn't really want to go I don't think but I'm not sure how we were supposed to go to sleep without investigating. Sure enough I turned on the pool area outdoor light and saw the leisure room curtains moving like they do when the fan was on. He walked into the leisure room and confirmed that was probably it and turned off the fan. Phew! Then it was time to try to go back to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should have something just in case of an intruder, maybe a taser if you don't want a gun? Well than you have to make sure you don't get Scott with it by accident. Very tricky!!
Post a Comment