Sunday, August 3, 2008

Friday Off

Grandma Dot gave me a copy of her cinnamon roll recipe at my request. I attempted to make them on Friday. They turned out more like skones than soft cinnamon rolls but at least they are edible. I spent a lot of time, probably 20 minutes kneading the dough before letting it rise so I'm not sure why they turned out so tough. I will have to figure that out before trying another batch.



1:22 pm

5:36 pm




Roll it out, first time I've used my rolling pin in Florida, maybe third time ever :)





Spread butter



Sprinkle brown sugar



Sprinkle cinnamon




Roll it up




Slice it

And throw it in the oven for ____ and me



This is a loaf of bread and dinner rolls, hahahahhahahahahah

Voila! 35 minutes at 350 degrees.


Here's a picture of Chloe and I watching Grandma make the same thing. Good memories! I think I have another picture of Carmel, Alana, and Basil doing the same thing. I'll have to look for it.














2 comments:

xoxo, Chloe said...

Awwww, what a cute picture of us!! Ahem, do you have a bunch of all our old photographs? Anyways, that raw dough looks pretty good.

Candylei said...

What are you cooking or baking now? Cupcakes?