

Here we are Chloe!! Chloe thought it would be a good idea for us to start a blog. She said Scott can post good deals but didn't really tell me what I should blog about, so she probably just wanted to find out about good deals. Scott came up with the blog name. It's kind of an oxymoron because Scott is not really chatty. And hopefully people won't think my last name is Yapp, it's Yap. Tomorrow is the start of a full week of work for me. I haven't worked a full work week in quite a while, I'm on a 9 80 schedule so have every other Friday off. Usually I find ways to take off the other Friday too. We just had Mom, Dad, and Cyril for a week. We had a great time with them and hope they did too and hope they will come back again soon!! It's kind of a miserable time here with the weather, very hot and thunderstorms most afternoons but they managed to go to the beach twice, spend a day at Epcot, tour old town Lakeland, visit a cupcake bakery in Tampa and of course hit up Michael's and the local Super WalMart. I thought only Scott's family had a vacation WalMart habit but maybe it's in my family too!! Also Mom did a fantastic folk art painting for us, it's hanging in our kitchen/morning room. See above, I don't know how to post pictures midstream yet. This has been a very relaxing 3 day weekend for me. It might be the last one for a while. I am heading into a busy time at work that will last until mid-October. But I am scheduled to take a business trip to Geneva, Switzerland the last week of August, so that is something to look forward to. I am hoping to finaggle a way for Scott to come along too. Hopefully between airline reward miles and hotel points we can spend a couple days together in Paris or another exciting European city. Yesterday afternoon we went to a driving range. Scott purchased some new golf clubs on ebay a few months ago and finally got around to trying them out. He hasn't played golf one time since we moved to Florida which is kind of a shame. Anyway it was brutally hot and the area where you hit the ball was not covered. It was a pretty "hurting" driving range. It was 4:30 in the afternoon and we were pretty sweaty just a few minutes after getting there. I don't know if I'll be playing much golf, sometimes I would swing and miss the ball, sometimes two or three times in a row. One last thing, I made a scallop dish on Friday night. I got the recipe on epicurious.com. Here is the link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/SCALLOPS-WITH-ASPARAGUS-238094 I substituted green beans for the asparagus and lemon juice for the white wine vinegar. It turned out pretty good! I think thanks to the half stick of butter that you put in the sauce at the end. Scott said it might have been the best thing I've ever cooked. His memory is not that good so don't believe him! Also I don't think he knew about the butter when he said that. He is on a health kick and prefers no fat in his food. Does anyone else think that some people believe most of a woman's worth is measured by how good of a cook she is? Or even worse that if a woman isn't a good cook then something must be wrong with her. It seems like a given that if you are a female then automatically you should be a good cook. I've noticed that in the past year and probably only because I am no gourmet cook or even just a standard "good" cook. Tonight Scott made steamed shrimp with Old Bay and steamed cabbage for dinner. I made a caprese salad with fresh basil and baked a batch of brownies. I bought a basil plant today and hope it keeps giving until tomatoes are no longer in season, which will be a while since we live in Florida! I'm off to enjoy a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and blueberries and raspberries! Ciao!
3 comments:
hey darling, the white on black is a little harsh on the eyes and you should break up your entry into paragraphs for pleasant reading ;-)
yay! finally a blog...is Scott going to write some entries too? It has been hot here too, yesterday it was 100 degrees, ay caramba!!
Kinda long so I just skimmed over it. Is the painting of you and Scott?
Post a Comment